How did you get rid of bottle

We are having a hard time. I have gotten a couple driffent kinds and I always leave some in the room . My 4 yr old always has one so no spills and the 2 yr will take hers but doesn't want to drink out of it all the time. He still likes his ba ba . How do I get him to give it a go without the fit.

Ianmommy4

Asked by Ianmommy4 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Both my kids gave theirs up at about 1 - I did it by only putting water in it. If they wanted anything else it went into a cup.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 4:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My daughter stopped drinking from a bottle at 9months of age, She just wouldn't drink from it any more-I started trying her on sippy cups around 6-7months old. And I guess she liked the big girl cups....
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I just started putting things into a sippy cup. He took to it right away.
    KellyOh72

Answer by KellyOh72 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I'm not certain so I'll ask - are you leaving sippy cups in the room and the 4 year old always uses the sippy cups but the 2 year old prefers the bottles?
    If so, flat out tell the 2 year old that the bottles are going away in a couple of days. Get a big box and put a couple in it each day. Keep reminding him that the bottles are going away... in a few days, in a couple days, tomorrow, today is the last day. Let him see you pack them up and seal the box. Put the box in your trunk and pretend to get rid of it.
    If he still wants one at naptime and bedtime, that's harder. If that's the case, you have two choices:
    (1) Pack them up and they are gone - cold turkey.
    (2) Restrict them to naps and bedtime only and try to get him to switch to a sippy or give them up on his own.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• GRRRRRRRR MY BABY HAS GOTTEN INTO THE HABIT OF RIPPING THE NIPPLE FROM THE BOTTELS HE ISN'T GETTING ANY NEW ONES SO THE BOTTLES ARE GONE IF I CAN CONVINCE MY HUBBY
    FIVEHAPPYHEARTS

Answer by FIVEHAPPYHEARTS at 5:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The thing is he was a preemie a 25 weeker so he is behind with some things he is not like a 2 year old. He still doesn't talk well and some other things
    Ianmommy4

Answer by Ianmommy4 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• dont show him or her the bottles stop putting drinks in the bottle and put it in a sippy cup and he will learn gradully to drink out of it
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009