anyone else felt this feeling?

I am 33 1/2 weeks with 2nd child and i keep getting this almost stretching/burning kind of painful but more uncomfortable feeling in my cervix, i never felt this with my first so im curious to know if anyone else has felt that. If so what is it? am i starting to dilate? so lost.......?

mamad86

Asked by mamad86 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i don't know exactly what you're feeling but if i had to guess i'd say the baby dropped and you're just feeling pelvic pressure. the baby's head puts a lot of weight and pressure on your cervix and it can be uncomfortable or even painful. i wouldn't say thats dilation necessarily, you can't really feel that. with my son i had horrible pelvic pressure until the moment he was born, it felt like he was ready to fall out!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• hmmm, yeah but it's only every once in a while it isnt constant and i dont feel it in my pelvic area just my cervix..... cause i did feel the pressure with my first but ugh im confused!
    mamad86

Answer by mamad86 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i would say that the baby dropped and your dialating
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 21, 2009