How far along until the heartbeat can be heard?

I went to my check up today and was thrilled to hear it!! there is still some confusion on exactly how far along i am so i am wondering when a heartbeat can begin to be heard.

miss_carolina

Asked by miss_carolina at 12:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Im not sure about THAT but as you progress theyll have more of an idea when they can get measurements of the fetus. its still an embryo so itll be hard to tell yet. you should find out soon though.
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 12:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• when you hear the heartbeat at the doctors, its usually 8-10 weeks. your baby has a heart beat right away, but its so small you cant hear it until about 8-10wks along :).. im excited ill hear my babies on my first dr appointment.. unfortunately its not until aug 12th :(.. im ALREADY 10 weeks.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• my obgyn told me i wouldnt be able to hear the heart beat till i was 15 weeks but i had a friend that heard hers at 6 weeks it all depends on the doctor and the equiptment they r using
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2008