how accurate was your ultrasound

pandakitti

Asked by pandakitti at 4:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sex wise or pounds wise? they were both PRETTY accurate
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Mine were accurate also.
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 4:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yeah mine too they said it would be a boy and it was and the weight was a little on the low side for the estimate but still pretty close
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My ultrasound got the sex right all three times! With my second pregnancy my son was estimated at 8.5 pounds. He was actually 10.5 pounds and was almost too big to come out! The look on my drs face was priceless! Now that is, it was scary at the time! With my third son they said he would have kidney problems and sent me to a specialist whose ultrasound said he would probably have down syndrome. I am proud to report he is 19 months old with no health problems! :)
    trendy4you

Answer by trendy4you at 4:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My first one was very acurate with the sex and weight... I guess we will see on this pregnancy in the next few months!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Mine was accurate on weight, age and gender. But I already "knew" I was having a boy (from about the 8th or 9th week) and knew when I would go into labor. So it was no surprise to me. The only surprise was that my son dropped into a breach presentation and NOBODY knew it!
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I never even had a 20 week u/s with my oldest! Just wasn't common practice at my OB 9 years ago.

With the next two I found out the gender and they were correct. I never had a late in pregnancy u/s to see what the u/s weight estimate would have been. But at 17 weeks my youngest son (3rd child) was estimated to be about twice the size of an average 20 weeker. He ended up being 10 lbs. 6 oz. 22 3/4" at birth, so I guess you could say he was predicted to be big. j/k
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 5:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My gender u/s were correct both times. With my first, the weight was a little off. The night before she was born, they said she was 7lbs 9oz...she was born 6lbs 8oz.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 2:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• very accurate
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009