Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody Question Please Help!!

OKay So I live in arizona but my babys dad live in nevada.. i want to file for custody i file in my state (arizona) or in nevada...She was born in nevada... please help

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • You have to file where you live...

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

  • ummmm.....i think you file the state the children currently live in but i could be wrong.

    Answer by Chandra034 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

  • If you've lived in AZ long enough to establish residency(six months in most states but you should look it up) you file in AZ. If you haven't, you file in Nevada.

    Answer by desert_diva at 4:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

  • I believe you have to file where ever your Court case was originally filed. The AZ courts should be able to answer which court.

    Answer by BabyZ_02 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
Have you been looking frumpy lately?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)