Anyone else think its strange for a wife and ex-wife to be BEST friends?

My SIL is BEST friends with her dh ex-wife....like BEST of friends...she would come over and get in the pool when SIL wasnt home but dh was! She would answer their phone....she baby sits SIL and DH baby and picks him up from daycare....they even SPENT the night at the ex-wifes house this Christmas. SIL says its for the sake of Dh and ex wifes 10 year old child.....but does anyone else think this is strange....

I mean I am all for getting along...but they seem to take it over the edge....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• no im REALLY good friends with my husbands ex gf (they were together for 5 years) and everyone else thinks its so weird but shes a sweet heart
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• That does seem strange. But I have to say that it's much better than arguing and causing chaos like most do.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• also they had a daughter together but she died when she was 2 weeks old (she was born at 24 weeks bless her heart), and since my son is her half brother i feel like i need to stay a part of his ex's life, but she is still such a sweet heart
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Whatever.. I would never, yes i think its strange...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I just thought the whole pool episode was strange.....ex wife and dh were in the pool together with both kids and SIL was at school....I called and she answered the phone....

That was strange to me...
    Anonymous

• I think it's strange in terms of it's unusual, but I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with it. Better to get along great than be at each other's throats. And who knows why the first marriage ended? Sometimes marriages end very nicely just b/c it wasn't working, they don't all end horribly. I think it's really great that they can all get along so well.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wtf? That is way to strange. I have heard of ex's getting along but that is a little extreme. Maybe they are having some sort of 3some. Why would any woman trust another woman who has been intimate with her dh be around him?
    Anonymous

• My X husbands X fiance is my dearest friend in the world. We even still refer to my daughter as "our" daughter. No reason people have to hate each other just because I dated who you dated before you dated who I dated...(you get the picture)..*G*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's weird. I think it would be great if more people could have that kind of relationship. Unfortunately, usually people aren't on such good terms with their ex in order to be friends with their new SO. I'm sure it's alot easier for the kids involved.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• that is odd... however, why should it be? if she's with him, he must be great, right? and if he was married to the other, she should be great too... if they are all great people, y not be friends? sounds very mature of all parties involved.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 4:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009