genital herpes!!

just wondoring how many women are living with genital herpes? how you got it and how u are treating it ? i have had it since i was 19 yrs old and i would like to hear other peoples stories..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Well apparently I have some kind of herpes, when I was pregnant, the doctor told me. I was like, what? I've never had a breakout on my genitals or even cold sores on my mouth.....what kind of herpes is that?
    Anonymous

• If I understand it right, you can have them inside of you so you may never see a outbreak. The statistics are staggering how many people are walking around with genital herpes and no one knows they have it (and they're spreading it) I think it was like 1 in 3 or possibly 1 in 4 And there's no cure so... what to do other than use the medicine whether it be the cream or the pill. Good news is that the outbreaks get further and further apart but bad news is that you can reinfect yourself if your partner gets it, you just infect in a different area (can have them all up in you and not know it so you're giving it to your husband all over him and he may or may not show any signs of it but be spreading it from what they call shedding (have no idea what that looks like to tell you how to spot it).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well I walked in and caught my now X hubby then hubby doing the deed with my now X best friend then best friend.....I knew she had herpes...so in return went to get checked out and low and behold....I am now the not so proud owner of a disease that I can never get rid of. Went to counseling, talked myself out of choking them both, packed up my kids and left....happily married to a wonderful man, take Valtrex daily as well as try to eat right and avoid stress as much as possible. There is life after herpes.....learn as much as you can about it. Record what you are eating, drinking, how much you are sleeping and etc and you will be JUST fine honey!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• well i have learned to deal with it, ive had it for almost 10 years , i use to take valtrex but i dont have insurance anymore so i have to deal with it without anything. but its not as bad as it seems the name just sounds bad. there is life after it.
    Anonymous

• I don't have the genital herpies, but I get cold sore. I take a vitamin called lysing(I'm not sure if I spelled that right). But I haven't seen any sign of them since I started taking it.
    Anonymous

• Lysine is an ammino acid that works great for cold sores. Not so good for gen herp...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i just learned after i was married that i had it. i had been almost sex free for many yrs during the divorce so i have no idea who i got it from. my husband checked out clean. thank god but he says he knows i have it and it's the risk he takes. like you i felt i never had a break it. my dr says i could of thought i had a yeast infection treated it and then gone. although i rarely get yeast infections but the last time i did i didn't know if it was yeast infection or break out. it sucks not knowing. i have no idea how many yrs i have had it. i have had like 5-6 yeast infection symptoms in the last 35 yrs starting since i was 12. so who knows when i got it. i hated myself for a long time but now it's like a yeast infection. i don't have insurance so no meds for me either. it's a risk passing it on.
    Anonymous