prego cat

my cat is prego and i will be a grandma lol how do i explain to my 3 year old daughter and 2 year old son not to step on her and not to hit her they will not listen

chopperchic1012

Asked by chopperchic1012 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pets

• well first off its kinda wierd that your kids hit and step on a living thing...but..id suggest moving the cat to another place in the house or having someone else take her til she has the kittens. Then if your kids dont behave any better, get rid of the kittens, or keep them isolated. cant imagine a child stepping on a tiny little cat! good luck :)
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 12:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i have tried but they dont understand and the cat tares my carpet up and its not my house i rent so thats not good i dont want to get rid of her but if they dont stop will have to
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• well she didnt have them and its mor so my 2 year old son hes in this stage were he thinks he is a tough guy and he kick some butt this is why he does it my 3 yearold isnt to bad she understands and has stoped but im scared for my poor cat she will go anyday now and i dont want her or the kittens to get hurt
    chopperchic1012

Answer by chopperchic1012 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i told then 6 yr old that we had to be carefull. Cat seemed moodier too so didnt want anyone scratched..oh & said there are babies in there. DD Was so excited..so we we..until one day cat expelled a embryo..i tried to feed her better food, etc..i felt others but Maybe a move to apt stressed her out..She never had babies ;-(
    carisa

Answer by carisa at 11:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Buy a Big dog crate and keep the cat in it until she has the kittens ........Anything but don't let your children around the cat ........I never had a problem with my children hurting our animals I have an American Bulldog and 6 puppies
    Anonymous