What color is your breastmilk?

My breastmilk is cream colored. My baby is 6 months old, but my friend's breastmilk is white.

jenn714

Asked by jenn714 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• mine is purple....
    Anonymous

• I'm not bf'ing anymore but when I was it was a cream/white color. Depending on what I was eating it would have a greenish tint to it also.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 4:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yeah it's okay to be different colors. I've heard of light purple too. My hindmilk looks like whole milk but until then it looks like nonfat milk.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• IM CURRENTLY BREAST FEEDING AND IT COMES OUT LIKE A CREAM COLOR. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU EAT. SOMETIMES IT COMES OUT LIGHTER THAN OTHERS
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 4:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• my friend is bf and when she was eating greasy food all the time she noticed her milk seemed more greasy.
    when i eat a lot of salads it turns green.
    i think everyones milk is different. it doesn't matter what color it is as long as your baby is satisfied and growing strong.
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 4:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Mine was slightly blue-grey or purple. Especially once I froze it. The color doesn't matter at ALL, all that matters is that you're nursing enough to let your baby get hind milk (which has the most calories) at each nursing session. Even if that means that you have to nurse only on one side at a time.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• im not braset feeding anymore but when i tried it was white
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009