Did anyone's kid not go through the terrible twos?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• My youngest didn't. He's always been a pretty laid back mellow child. Its only now that he's 4 that he's starting to assert his independence more, but I wouldn't call his behavior terrible.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• NO mine went through terrible 3's...and I am not joking.

2's were fine but it seemed like as soon as we blew out the 3 birthday candles all heck broke loose.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We were very fortunate with two's, three's and fours- there were a few bumps but nothing like his pre-school friends. He is now five and paying us back for the missed time! LOL
    musicmamma169

Answer by musicmamma169 at 4:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My youngest is very mild-mannered and never went through the terrible 2s. He's 3 1/2 and has been a cranky butt lately, but he's also been sick... I just hope it's not a late start to the terrible 2's lol!

My daughter was so good and was so sunshiny until 3 and then... WHOA! Talk about attitude! I think she actually grew horns and fangs ;-) At 4 she became more mild and now she's going to turn 5 on Thursday and she's back to being a sweetheart again.

My oldest had A LOT of tantrums from about 15 months- 5!! Thank goodness he finally outgrew that!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 5:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My son is very laid back, but he's as stubborn as all heck!!!! Of course, he got that from me. He does have his moments, but he's not all that bad. He'll be turning 2 in February so we'll see!!! If he's anything like me or my brother, then when he becomes a teenager....WE ARE IN TROUBLE!!!!
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My oldest two never hit the terrible two's, the horrible three's or anything. He'll be 5 next month.

However.....we are dealing with SPD, delays in speech and fine motor skills, doing evaluations for Asperger's, ADHD and PDD-NOS.

My youngest has had a brief session of tantrums...lasted about a week. I used the behavior modification techniques given to us by the psychologist for our oldest...BOY did it work for the little one!!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If there is such a thing as the terrible three's....yah, I'm there!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 6:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My son is currently two and not going through the terrible two's. I sincerely doubt the terrible three's. Don't get me wrong - he has a few moments here and and there but I don't believe in the concept of terrible two. Every stage has its unique phase and hang ups as well as wonderful moments. Overall I get told by friends and family what a good well behaved child I have. They stress how "lucky" we are. Lucky? Yes, we are lucky we have a child to parent. But I work my ass off so that he is that wonderfully, bright, intelligent, fun child they see. I diffuse a situation before it ever even gets to a blow out. I have more techniques in my parenting tool box than dollars in the bank - which at this moment is not saying much. But my point is that each year some new terrible "thing" will creep up and also some wonderful things will too. What I treasure is that he is his own person and very independent at that.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Neither of mine went through the "terrible twos". 3 and 4 were much more difficult than 2!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My oldest never did. We brought home a new baby days before she turned 2, and she was the biggest help in the world. Fetching things for me, petting the new baby, talking to him. She's always be incredibly laid back and very easy going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2009