What is the best home pregnancy test to use?

Is a digital one better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I like the tests that give you a digital "pregnant" or "not pregnant". There's NO mistaking the results that way. They're all about the same in terms of how well they measure the pregnancy hormones, even the ones from the dollar stores have an accuracy rate of from 95 to 99%. But the digital ones seem to me to give more of a sense of assurance that you either are or are not.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• http://www.peeonastick.com/hpts.html

There's a whole list of pregnancy tests and the levels that they dectect hCG.  It's a fun site to spend some time on.  You'll learn more about hpts than you want to know.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 5:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I got my most accurate results with First Response Early Response. I used the digitals a couple of times and always got false negatives.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I have always known at least a week to two weeks early with the regular first response early response test. not the digital.
    maemaesmom

Answer by maemaesmom at 5:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I like the digital ones, even the generic from walgreens works great. there is no guessing, is says you are or aren't. after using many of the non-digital and not being sure on whats I was seeing i got a digiital one and so will only use them. don't waste your money on a slightly cheaper one non digital one.
    kisarn02

Answer by kisarn02 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I agree!! "First Response"
    Buffie04

Answer by Buffie04 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• any test now adays is good, the hormone they test for, needs minimal in any test... when i was trying to get pregnant, i tried all of them, except the digital.. actually the one i prefer was the ept, cause they are flat enough that i can get the strip out to put into our scrapbook...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I do know that the digital "pregnant" / "not pregnant" tests require a higher level of hCG hormone. For example the Clear Blue one requires a 50 hcG level and EPT or First Response can detect a 25 level so if you aren't very late, I would suggest a regular run of the mill OTC HPT. The generic WalMart and Walgreen regular tests can detect at 25 as well. I tried the digital with my first and got a false negative but I took it only one day after missed period.
    BethanyB930

Answer by BethanyB930 at 12:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think its a matter of opinion. I used first responce and the clear blue one. So to me first responce was best. Oh and I used a doller store one, and that one worked too. (thats the same one they use in the clinics) good luck mama
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 8:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I've had good luck with the "Answer" brand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2009