• In the Spotlight:

Question for SAHMs

Do you enjoy being a SAHM? or would you rather be working?

SweetMama823

Asked by SweetMama823 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I love it. I get to be home and play with my children and take care of my husband. It feels good to be so helpful. There are times when I get sick of what I do, but just as some working mamas wish they could quite their jobs, this is where I am needed and what I have to do.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would rather be working but it is much cheaper to stay at home since daycare is so expensive. I am also mad at myself for not going to collage. Not to brag but I am pretty smart but I threw it all down the drain.
    Anonymous

• I love being a SAHM. I have the option to work, but I choose not to work. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my degree, but once my little one starts school full-time I will probably work.
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I enjoy being a SAHM. I'm on disability and can't work outside the home, but I honestly don't think I would want to work right now since I don't have to.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We waited to have children until we could afford to have me stay home with them. I love it and would not have it any other way. I personally can't imagine having someone else raise my kids.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 5:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I enjoy it most days. There are days where I'm a little jealous of my husband because he gets to go out, leave the house and talk to people above the age of 3! But I think it's the best thing for my kids to have one parent at home. Plus, the only jobs here I could get are min wage, and once I paid for daycare, gas, etc, I would be almost losing money. Not worth it. But I don't want someone else raising my kids anyway. Once they're in school, it will probably be different.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 6:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• For the most part...I wouldn't trade it for the world. But there are times, I have to be honest....between doctors, psychologists, therapists, teachers, activities, school....There are days when I wish I could pawn it off on someone else....if only for a day.

No, I don't have anyone to help out. That's what makes it harder, I think...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wouldn't have it any other way!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I love staying at home with my kids. I would be heartsick if I had to be away from them 5 days a week. I know some mom's don't have the option to stay at home with their children and I consider myself very lucky in that respect.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I enjoy it most days. There are days where I'm a little jealous of my husband because he gets to go out, leave the house and talk to people above the age of 3!

I totally agree. I dont leave my house unless one of them has to go to a Dr. But I do love being able to see them grow up and see them do everything first. I envy my Hubby for being able to leave but then he envys me for being able to see everything they do.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 6:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009