how can i get my 3 month old to go to sleep at night without bouncin her or rockin her

avahsmommie

Asked by avahsmommie at 4:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had trouble with this too, but my mom helped me out.all i had to do was set a bed time, lets say 7:30. then 30 min before that, start making him tried . feed him, read a baby book, and then give him a bottle, there can't be any loud noises or it wont work.a fan is ok, becase not only is it white noise, but now its proven to help prevent sids. lay him to bed while hes drowsy, not asleep.it will get him used to going to sleep alone.
    jessiesangel

Answer by jessiesangel at 5:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Exactly what pp said. I would start now because my dd is five months and it is much harder to break the habit the older they get. It may result in a little fussing or crying, but it is worth it in the end. Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yep. and if they cry a little, go back in the room and make sure they're ok every few minutes, and make sure they know you're still there, but within a few minutes they will stop fussing and go to sleep. that's when we started all of that with our son and he's six months old now and he does great. :) good luck. it's hard the first few weeks
    kadielynn83

Answer by kadielynn83 at 7:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• just put your 3 month old in her crib let her cry until she goes to sleep also try giving her a binky
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009