Why is my back hurting so bad?

This is my second pregnancy and im 21 weeks pregnant. In the past week ive been having extreme upper back pain. I cant lay down without being uncomfortable and i can only stand up for about 10 mins before the pain is so bad i have to sit down and the cycle starts all over! I dont remember this with my son! Please help me? What is going on??

USMCwifey0206

Asked by USMCwifey0206 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am 15 weeks and i have the same thing, its like right where my bra band goes and I feel like my back needs to crack but it wont and its like an achey annoying pain with no releif. I also do not remember it with my first, and I dont know what it is just wanted you to know your not alone
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well if you had an epidural with your first I have heard that can cause extra back pain but it all pretty much chalks up to stretching of the uterus that causes that pain if all is well, Id double check with a dr however to make sure you're not experiencing back labor
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it's possible that it could be back labor
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009