2 yr old dd and severe diahrea....plz help us adult content

my dd is 2.5 and has the runs so bad and her dr nor hospital can/will give her something to help her with runs nor the soreness :( and i hate to say but she smells like shes rotting inside out poor child i just hate it!!! What can i feed her to help the diahrea but that wont make her throw up like i just got her to quit doing this morning??? What can i do for her sore bum bum??? Thanks in advance!!!

mamide02ninas

Asked by mamide02ninas at 2:09 AM on Mar. 5, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The BRAT diet is used to help stop the runs. It's Bananas, Rice, Apple sauce, and Toast. To prevent soreness just try to keep her clean and dry. Back in the day we used A & D ointment, but I'm sure there's something newer on the market these days. GL
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:00 AM on Mar. 5, 2012

• I agree with Lornamay, use an A&D/ Desitin diaper rash ointment constantly! It will help heal the rawness plus help block future diarrhea from burning her worse. Poor thing, I hope she gets relief soon!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 5:44 AM on Mar. 5, 2012

• I agree with Lornamay. Just make sure she stays hydrated!! If she stops crying tears, take her into the ER ASAP. Pedialyte is good stuff, gator aid, even jello water will work. Also, I personally love using Desitin, the original ointment max strength. There 2 kinds, one is ointment he other one is cream. You will need the purple box/tube. Its like spreading lead, it lasts for a few hours. It a pain in the ass to clean off your hands, so I either used plastic gloves or Q-tips, and it works instantly. I had to use it for my dd and I no sooner spread it on and she stops crying before I even finish. I also used Motrin, takes away or lessens the pain and soreness. I used mortrin cause it lasts longer then Tylenol. Good luck mama!
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 5:57 AM on Mar. 5, 2012

• There's something for her bottom called Triple Cream, which works really well. It stays on longer and is a super thick cream. Like everyone else said as far as diet, gatorade, pedialyte and the brat diet. You can also try chicken or wonton soup for her.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:13 AM on Mar. 5, 2012

• did they test her poop? if she smells that bad, it sounds like she could have rotovirus - testing her poop is the only way to know. there is no treatment though, just time, and making sure she stays hydrated. avoid dairy, fruit/juices, stick with binding foods like the brat diet. wash your hands better than normal every time you change her, wash her hands too, because it is highly contagious.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 8:43 AM on Mar. 5, 2012

• Boudreaux's butt paste works really well. Other than that, I agree with the other responses on what her diet should be.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• I agree with the BRAT diet, and put unrefined coconut oil on her bottom

Answer by rkoloms at 5:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• im with Michigan-Mom74 no juice. give her pedialyte, water, gaiter aid, half milk half water... they can be sick induced lactose which will make it worse give lots of cheese, bananas, breads, things that are binding hope this helps.... and the desitin thats in the yellow tube worked great for me its like vasoline it texture so makes a barrier between the poop and the skin so the acid wont burn her skin and heals at the same time.
    mommy2bee12-27

Answer by mommy2bee12-27 at 2:37 AM on Mar. 8, 2012