I don't know why I ask this....but I am.

Is anyone else here very sad due to the attitude reflected on this site? There are a few people who are classy in their responses even if they don't agree with the question, but for the most part it is all about negativity. I am talking about both sides, Obama supporters and Non Obama supporters.
Everyone is so nasty to one another. It just makes me feel terrible. I am not sure if this is the place for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wrote a journal entry about it just a bit ago. It's out of hand I think.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't really notice it I ignore them.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 4:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i stopped reading the political questions
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• There have been lots of posts on this today. Unfortunately the anonymous button can easily be used and others just love to spew hate.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 4:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Stay and be classy! Help raise the tone!

And yes, I get a little upset sometimes too. The ignorance is appalling. The judgemental attitudes astounding. But if I can't find a nice way to express my point of view or realize that it would be pointless to do so, I just don't answer.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Although there are some moms who are truly being hurtful... most of us are just expressing our opinion. If you have thin skin...you shouldn't get into a debate.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 5:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I just skip over the question or act like a mature adult. This is bound to happen on a site full of women.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• In all respect to your sensitive nature, I would have to say that CafeMom is much nicer and well mannered than alot of chat sites. Some of the websites out there for political or relationship or any other formats are quite hostile. You might be very surprised at what people say to each other online.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• A lot of ugliness and RACISM today- it makes me sick. Stick around though- it will get better hon.
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 5:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it is sad, and i wish that we could at least be civil to one another, i mean if some of us can spew this much hate on here what the heck are we teaching our children. that if someone doesn't agree with us we should act out.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009