hospital...

im 36 weeks pregnant and i lost my mucus plug yesterday. im only 1 cm dialated, and keep having mild cramping and im very sore in my urinary tract area... should i go to the hospital?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i lost my mucus plug a week before my son was born, so that not really relevant, but you should call your dr or go to the hospital if you are that uncomfortable... but the fact that you are asking if you should go says to me that its not that bad
    Anonymous

• I wuld call the cotor jst so he/she is updated with your condition, losing your plug is not an automatic go to the hospital but at 36 weeks I think you need to notify your doctor
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You can lose parts or the whole plug for WEEKS before you're ready to go to the hospital. Call your OB on call just to be safe, but you're probably a long way off. Mucous plugs can regenerate themselves ... multiple times. That's not a good indication that you're "ready to go" and your baby really should stay put for at least a week or two anyway just to be the healthiest.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• you can call to put your mind at ease but they wont admit you until you're atleast 4 cm or in active labor.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 6:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i would call your doctor better safe then sorry right,but i lost my mucus plug a whole month before i had my son and i was a week over due and had to be induced.
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 8:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yes you should go to the hospital they told me that if i lost my mcus plug to go to the hospital or call your dr to be safe
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009