• In the Spotlight:

what can i teach my baby more

my 2 year old baby he know alphabet numbers until 10 he know shapes he want me to read for him books day and night he always draw write color pictures paint water colours listen to the baby songs he wach Doora he want me to read for him every thing written he can see ... he learning the sounds of alphabets all the day he play with toyes and he want more .He still dont talk but he repeat words after me ...so what else i can do to make him learn because he love to learn more and more

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Teacher here: Sounds like you are doing everything right. The amount of time a child is read to directly affects a childs acheivement in school. IE: The more time you read, the better off he will be. While you read ask questions, point out things in the book and ask him to find things in the book. "where is the blue bird" ect.

Remember kids learn best by getting their hands on things.....so this summer get a sand box, get some sidewalk chalk, paint with water on the house and driveway. ect, ect.

Maybe a play group to start working on social skills.

Have fun!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You can't "make" him learn, you can "help" him learn. Huge difference.

What shapes does he know? Expand on those...circle, oval, triangle, rectangle, heart, star, diamond, rhombus, octagon, hexagon, pentagon, parallelagram, trapezoid.....

What colors does he know? Expand on those...red, blue, purple, white, black, brown, orange, yellow, pink, gray, green and how to mix them (my new 3 year old knows how to make purple, green and orange)

Numbers up to 10...he recognizes them or just says them in order? Work on recognition, then expand up to 20.

Letters...he recognizes them or knows them in order? Expand and work on what he doesn't know.

Don't make him sit and learn, play with him...they learn best through play.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• He sounds like he's learning a lot.
    I'm concerned that he won't talk except to repeat words that you say. Have you mentioned that to his doctor? You might want to have him evaluated for a speech delay.

And remember, he's not a baby anymore. I know - it's hard to believe isn't it! They grow up so fast.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• your already teaching him every thing you can your doing great
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009