how do i get my baby into modeling?

I want to see about having her do some catalog or commercial work and don't know where to start and not get scammed.

emilyfaithsmum

Asked by emilyfaithsmum at 5:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• www.modelmayhem.com is a prety good site for good photographers IF and only IF you're good at screening people..... I was a member there when I got my start and my aunt still is
    Anonymous

• Pick a few good photos of her, have copies made and send them out to local agencies with contact info, age, weight, height, and clothing size(I think that's it). If any of them are interested in picking her up they'll call you.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 5:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• What I would do if I were going to pursue this is contact the modeling agencies yourself. Don't go with those companies that claim they will do the work for you, they are a scam. Get out there and track down the agencies and see what they say! Always be in control.. never let a company represent you.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I can only tell you my experience with this. When Peter was 2 I tried to get him into modeling. I signed him up with an agency and went on three tryouts; one for Calvin Klein; Babies R Us; Ralph Lauren; all the places told me that if you do get a call, you have to drop everything at a moments notice and run to the audition no matter where it is. So if you have other kids you need to care for and let's say you are sick or at a game or whatever and that phone rings, you need to go. At first I was all happy about it because he got so many calls but it is a HUGE committment not only for you but for them; it's very stressful dragging them all over and when they are canky and won't smile for the camera, that adds to the stress. I'm not telling you not to go ahead with this, just keep in mind all that it involvves. Good Luck!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 6:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• http://www.wilhelminaportfolios.com/
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2009