my 8 year old step son hates me

i have been around my step son for about 5-6 years and he doesnt like me now i came from a devorice famly and i understand but what can i do to get him not to hate me i take him everywere i buy him everything help me and he is 8 almost 9 could it be the age and he has such a smart mouth not just to me but his dad and he fights with his brother ad sister they are 2 and 3

chopperchic1012

Asked by chopperchic1012 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• oops. I answered this in your other post!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Well, I can't help you make him stop hating you but I can give you some advice I wish someone had given me when my stepdaughter was 8. Be careful. In your need to make the child like you, you may lose yourself and let too much slide. In effect, at 12 yrs old, she may stomp all over you and your rules. Make sure he knows what is expected of him, and the consequences of not meeting those expectations.

Other than that,. I feel your pain girl! If ya need to talk, message me!
    bella214

Answer by bella214 at 9:49 AM on Jul. 24, 2008