What will you do?

Well, this is it. I have remained silent about this whole process, but today is the day I speak! I am very proud and very hopeful of a bright, new phase to this wonderful life I am living in the United States. I am very open to new ideas and can't wait to see where this journey takes us. So, what will you do to bring hope and welcome this new opportunity to our country? What will you do to open the eyes of the next generation to change? I am so very happy!!!

pupmom

Asked by pupmom at 5:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• YAY GO GIRL ! FORGET THESE HATERS ON HERE TODAY- they have nothing better to do with their time than Bash others- and some even claim to be liberals.. ha!
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 5:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• all i can say is we will see you cant predict what will happen in 4 years after that then i can say if i was happy about it
    Anonymous

• I already opened the eyes of two people in the next generation. My Kids. They were very interested in the whole election process and are exceptionally happy today that Obama is now our president.
    Anonymous

• Both of my kids are scared. I am trying to keep with the "wait and see " attitude.
    Anonymous

• I think we need to instill some work ethic into the next generation and financial responsibility. You have what you work for-nothing more.
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Only time will tell if the country will be happy and better off. As for me, I am already happy with life.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I;m with you pupmom! So happy and excited ,,unlike some of the sad sacks that like to put people down and like whining. They can't ruin my day or yours..just sour grapes...
    Gapeach001

Answer by Gapeach001 at 5:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The same thing I have been doing :) We dont need a new president to change the world. But I am glad you are so full of optimism we need more positive people like yourself
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We are not changing anything we teach our son or our nieces and nephews. We already are teaching our son he is responsible for himself in this life and cannot expect others to pick up the slack. We are teaching talk is cheap and actions speak louder. So he goes to the homeless shelter and helps alongside us. He watches us write out our charitable donations and we explain how we help women who have been abused and left behind. We are good parents and always have been and did not need someone who does not help other unless he is running for office inspire us to be better. 

Obama is the President but is not the Great Hope so many are looking for.  They only will get out of the mess they are in when they do it for themselves. 

Anonymous

• OP: Why did you "stay silent" about the whole process?? So far, you haven't said anything provocative.... So what were you expecting backlash from?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 6:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009