My son is 1 and my hubby wants to stay the night somewhere and leave my son at grandmas. I'm not ready to leave my baby...any advise??? How can I feel at ease leaving my child. (I know I'm crazy, it's just a night...). Any help would be appreciated!

WorkLessLiveGre

Asked by WorkLessLiveGre at 12:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Is this the first night you'll be away from him? Probably a dumb question. You are going to have to let go at some point and it is time! I'm not sure there is a way for you to be at ease doing this because you've never done it before. Just make sure that your phones are working in case something happens. But do it! Your husband needs to know you can put him first and have a night away from the baby! He needs you just as much as the baby does, probably more so, grown men can be quite the babies!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• i know how you feel hun.. My daughter is 7 months old... and i would love to (and want to sooo bad) spend ONE HOLE night just me and my boyfriend..but i dont wanna leave my girl... and its with my mom and i trust that.. i mean my mom babysits all the time but still AAALLLL night away from her :( i think i'd miss her to much to even be able to injoy it.... but i think i'm going to have to at least try...whats the worst.. i come back home hahahahahahaha... but i dont think i will for a while longer :p
    Sweet_nothings

Answer by Sweet_nothings at 1:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• YOU JUST HAVE TO DO IT...THATS THE ONLY WAY TO GET OVER IT ...SORRY MAMA IT IS SOOO HARD..I HAVE 6 AND IT WAS STILL HARD WITH LAST ONE...IT DOES NOT GET EASIER WITH EACH ONE ...ONLY EASIER THE MORE YOU DO IT..BABY WILL BE SAFE...YOU TURNED OUT OK RIGHT?? YOUR MOM DID GOOD JOB..WHEN YOU GET BACK YOU WILL REALIZE HOW MUCH MORE YOU LOVE YOUR CHILD...
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 1:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• what's the chance that you can get him to sleep and then leave? If possible, can she watch him at your home so he will sleep better (in his own bed)? He will sleep all night and you can have a great time with dad....and maybe make a brother or sister!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Go and have fun with your husband! That time together is so incredibly special! Your son will be fine, and you will be fine too. I'm not saying it will be easy, and you may worry, but it is so important for you to spend time together as husband and wife without interruptions, and so much fun! That grandmother will love that baby and they will have so much fun together, and what a joy it is for grandmothers to have their grandchildren all to themselves for an overnight visit, it's the beginning of a great bond and relationship for your son and his grandmother! Go Girl, have a good time!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• If your husband has a special day planned for you and youre not ready to leave the baby, then do what I did. I let my daughter stay the night with my parents for a couple of nights before we took our trip away. That first night was horrible for me. I cried when they left with her, but the next day I went to pick her and found that of course she was fine and had a great time. The next time wasnt as hard and got even easier each time. Then by the time I had to go out of town, I was okay with it. I picked a time to call them to see how she was doing and they texted me pictures of her through out my trip. That made it easier. Good luck and it will be okay. It gets easier. Hang in there.
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 20, 2008