do you think?

we have 2 dogs, where we live the air is dirty, and her father haves bad asthma. does this mean my baby will get asthma??

LoveMyKacie

Asked by LoveMyKacie at 5:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO asthma has to do with what genes she got from you and from her dad, I have asthma but my son doesnt........
    Anonymous

• If her father has asthma, there is a chance she will develop it. (my son has it, so do I)

The dogs won't "give" it to her...but if it is discovered later that she has it, and she is allergic, it will make her asthma worse.

None of that means she WILL have it, though...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• no she wont get asthma from the dogs only if it runs in the family by a relative but theirs only a slight chance that she'll get asthma
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 5:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009