what games can i play with my 7 month old?

the basics like peek a boo, i drop it you pick it up with the sippy is his fav....find the toy, whos in the mirror....But i feel he isnt playing enough like learning play....do any of you have any ideas of games that i have not thought of yet......
How long do you spend on this play time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I play counting games with my DD's fingers (10 little indians), sing the ABC song, sing "Head shoulders, Knees, & toes", "Old McDonald", stack blocks, etc. Keep in mind that all play is learning play at this age. They are still forming basic thought processes and motor skills, so you really can't go wrong as long as you are stimulating them with postive attention. The real school-type education will come in a year or so.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 5:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• singing with actions is the best! I do itsy bitsy spider, and pat a cake, just any nursery rymes where he can try to join in. My son is also 7 months, and when I do the hand actions to itsy bitsy spider he get's so excited, when I'm changing his diaper he watches carefully and now he moves his hand like the spider! I also pretend I'm going to get him, when he's crawling away towards another section of the house...usually where he's not supposed to be lol.
    Anonymous

• i did the choo choo game. you hold his legs, with him on his back, and spin them around like riding a bike. go "chug a lug a, chug a lug a..." and then when you "choo choo" you bring his butt up in the air till his knees touch his chest. its a fun game and builds muscle in his legs.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 7:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• play a counting game like the three little piggys or something also sing the alphabet song
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009