Why do you think the DOW is so bad today?

This inauguration is the worst for the DOW so far- 4% less than the worst previously. Why so low? What do you think is driving this down force? Simple insecurity of people or what?

lovetoteachec

Asked by lovetoteachec at 5:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ##cough##nobama##cough##
    Anonymous

• State Street Bank and The Royal Bank of Scotland had very bad earning reports. The drop had nothing to do with the events in Washington. It was all about the banks.

Madge1428

Answer by Madge1428 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't know, OP. Why do YOU think it's down so much?
    Anonymous

• Maybe people were afraid of an attack or some other sort of instability. I didnt know it was so low, the kids have took over the tv they wanted to watch Nemo.lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• cough obama. why not show yourself? why pick anon?
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 5:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think that it did have to do with Obama, but like MOM said, because of a possible attack.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 5:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Lack of confidence in the current administration.

Answer by gemgem at 6:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• This is what the news is saying is the reason-

The dawn of the Obama presidency could not shake the stock market from its dejection over the rapidly deteriorating state of the banking industry.

Financial stocks, many of them falling by double digit percentages, led a huge drop on Wall Street Tuesday that left the major indexes down more than 4 percent and the Dow Jones industrials down 332 points. Although traders on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange paused to watch the inauguration ceremony and Obama's remarks, the transition of power didn't erase investors' intensifying concerns about struggling banks and their impact on the overall economy.

trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 6:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The Wall Street Boys are teaching Zero who really runs the country.
    Anonymous

• Here's a thought I had- the speech he gave wasn't a normal Obama speech- I expected him to say everything will be alright- but honestly he didn't- he really stressed HOW SERIOUS things are and I think that made people freak.
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 6:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009