Is it safe to take BC this way?

I just got my BC pills today but I won't start my period for another 2 weeks. My friend said that she started taking her pills the day she got them even though she wasn't on her period yet. She said that all it did was change her cycle but that's it. Is it safe to do this? Can I start taking my pills today or should I wait like the directions say to? I know this is kind of a silly question but I really would like to know what y'all think. Thanks :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Health

• I thought that you could do a when it starts, or a Sunday start. I think its just so you can keep track of what you have take, but I'm not sure about that. I don't see why it wouldn't be safe/.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 5:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I always took my pills as the instructions directed. I think the "first day" start is the BEST way to start them (even tho I was always "sunday Start") because by the time your period is over you're protected. I would call your GYN and ask them if you can start taking them now. Or call the pharmacy and ask the pharmacist. Either one would give you an answer based on how the pills work better than a bunch of women (sorry) who don't have a medical or pharaecological backround.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i dont' think it will hurt anything. lots of people take them through their period week and they even make ones that only give you 4 periods a year.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 7:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009