HELP!

Well lately i been feeling really bad.I'm a first time mom i went to my baby's regular check up and well i know his really chubby and i dont see anything worng with that but the doctor told me that he is close to being over weight and i feel really bad because alot of people tell me the same thing that he is too fat and that hurts my feelings i love my son just the way he is but hearing what other people have to say about him makes me wonder if its my fault why he is like that..and he only drinks 5 1/2 ounces every three hours. his dad is not fat he is just kinda chunky but like any other dad. and i'm not big i gain a couple of pounds but that was from having my baby.Am i doing something wrong because i blame myself..?

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no your not doing anything wrong. the baby fat will even out as he gets older.
    Anonymous

• tell them to shut up! as long as you are not going to cause him to have a eating issue then you will be fine. the more people say something about it as he gets older it will cause a problem. they need to leave it alone until he doesn't lose the weight when he starts walking. that would be were you MIGHT need to worry. until then u just don't need to listen to the negative!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 6:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If you are bottle feeding there is a chance of overeating (especially given the doctor's concern). This is yet another reason why breastfeeding is ideal (baby can not overeat). Have you tried another way to soothe baby? I would definitely poo poo other's thoughts on this matter but with doctor chiming in with the same concerns I would continue to look into ways to help baby.

Anonymous

• FIRST~ It's called "baby fat" for a reason. If your son was obese to an extreme that interfered with his development, THEN there might be something to worry about. My son is a chunky monkey too...but he's not having trouble crawling, or walking holding on to stuff due to his size. IF for some reason you think he can't become mobile due to his weight, then perhaps you could discuss exercises you could do with him, until then don't worry he's perfectly normal and what anyone else thinks doesn't matter, all that matter's is his health!!

Anonymous

• my doctor called my baby fat too he even had the audacity to look me up and down and tell me that I must be carrying the obesity gene. jerk. I've just got a BIG baby people are stupid ignore them. If he can still move around like a baby should be able too then just ignore everyone.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 6:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• listen up, first time mommy.
    babies need fat. they dont' need to be obese, but chunky is not a bad thing for a baby. it does not mean that they will grow up to be fat. if you doubt me, go check out my page and look at a pic of my daughter. she used to be so fat, the fat rolls on her legs had fat rolls.
    he's healthy, yes? happy? well cared for? obviously well fed.
    what you need to do is sit down, put your feet up adn enjoy a quiet mommy moment just for yourself. and no more of that second guessing yourself. when there is something wrong with your baby, you'll know. he'll let you know.
    the biggest problem as a parent that you will ever have is lack of confidence. you are the mom. you are doing a good job and the fact that you are asking what you're doing wrong when you arent' doing anything wrong that i can see tells me you are going to continue to be a good mom.
    more power to you girl.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 7:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My son is under weight. My doctor said that as long as he is eating then he is fine. If he were 'overweight' then she would say the same thing. Every child does not fit into their curves. As long as your baby is developing normally then don't worry about it. I breastfed my son but that was my choice. Breast or bottle as long as the baby is developing normally i don't see the problem. you know what is best for you baby trust your instincts. its not like you can put the baby on a diet or really do anything so why worry. forget people they always have oponions about babies and how they are being raised.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 9:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• as long as hes healthy and eating meat's and vegtebles and fruits that are healthy for him theny ou dont worry about it your his mom do what you want to do with him just dont give him alot of food with fat in it and he will be fine dont worry
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Hi everybody thanx for all of the answer that yall have wrote..they really do help me and they make me feel better about it..well my baby is doing good and yeah he is developing right and moving alot..thanx once again!
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 22, 2009