my 4yr old has lived w/ her dad for 2 yrs after a huge custody case. The other day she asked me why. What should I say???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in About CafeMom

• She's 4. Don't tell her a lot. Tell her, mommy and daddy couldn't live together anymore because we didn't get along, and explain that by bringing in an example where she didn't get along with another lil kid. Then tell her it was because you both loved her so much and didn't want her to have to be around you two being mad at each other. As far as why she had to live with daddy, that's a tough one. Tell her that you both love her very much and you both wanted her to be able to live with both of you and so now she has two homes, one with daddy and one with mommy. Don't say anythign negative about your ex.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2008