Help me do that math! When will my youngest son start Kindergarten? ***Follow-up Question***

My youngest son was born October 2nd, 2009. The cut of date for kindergarten is October 1st. So my son will have to wait 1 more year after turning 5 before actually starting Kindergarten. Based on my math, he will start in 2015. Am I right??

Thanks for varifying my math ladies!
Can I get your help with one more thing? I have heard that a child in our state (Colorado) can only attend preschool for 2 years. I thought about putting my son in preschool starting this year, but then he would be going to 3 years. Can you help me find information regarding how long your child can actually attend preschool?  

MichaelsMom330

Asked by MichaelsMom330 at 3:24 PM on Mar. 5, 2012 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• yep
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 3:26 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• he turns:
    1 on oct 2 2010
    2 on oct 2 2011
    3 on oct 2 2012
    4 on oct 2 2013
    5 on oct 2014... and then will be able to start K the following year, 2015
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 3:27 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• Bump
    MichaelsMom330

Comment by MichaelsMom330 (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• Is the preschool a state funded preschool or is it a private preschool?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:32 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• Where do you live? every school district is different as to the cut-off date for Kindergarten, ours is June 1st so my oldest daughter who's b-day is June 30 had to wait until she was 6 to go to kindergarten :( Also, if you qualify for Head Start i think its USUALLY only 2yrs so they might make him wait until he is 4 but i've heard of some kids going for 3 years if the need is there (if they have learning problems or some other mental/health reasons...)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:33 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• Oh, i live in Colorado too... lol in case you couldn't tell from my screen name ;-)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:34 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• It's run through a church, and I think they only use the money from the tuition we pay...so I am going to guess private. The director is also allowing my son to start that early regardless of his birthday and the cut off date.
    MichaelsMom330

Comment by MichaelsMom330 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• We are in Loveland (Larimer County).

Very cool, where at DreainCO?
    MichaelsMom330

Comment by MichaelsMom330 (original poster) at 3:36 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• If the director is allowing him to start regardless of his birthday, then he will be going to preschool for 3 years.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2012

• We are down in Alamosa, southern Colorado :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:37 PM on Mar. 5, 2012