What type of training pants do I use?

I am just starting to potty train my little boy and wanted some imput on what training pants would work the best?

tensign

Asked by tensign at 6:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i have girls but i just put them in those thick "panties" and i told a friend who has all boys and that's what we do and if they can go into the potty we put "BIG GIRL/BOY" pants on (regular undies) works they were both almost completely trained in less than a week. Of course accidents here and there but hey! no miracle
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I tried pullups - she treated them just like diapers and didn't even notice the "cool" feeling when I tried those.
    I tried the thick fabic pants - did you know they are filled with poly-fiberfil? The pee just runs right through them. I also found the plastic pants that go over them caused almost instant diaper rashes in my daughter.
    In the end, I just switched to undies. I save pullups for LONG trips out of the house or trips to places I know don't have a potty.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't want to offer up an opinion as something that I believe every mom should do; what works for one of us may not work for another. Having said that, I can tell you what my experience with training pants was: Pull-Ups (and similar products) did not work for us. DD kept soiling them just as she would her diapers. So, I switched to panties. Once she had an accident.... it was her first and her LAST. She could not stand the feeling of wet/dirty underwear. Also, I took the potty with us everywhere we went.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 7:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't see the point in them personally unless it is just being used as "back up" at night and your child treats them like undies and not like a diaper.

For during the day...use underwear.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i use cool alert those work
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think thick cloth pants and real underwear are best. Pull-ups and the like are too much like diapers. That said I have used them when I knew we were going to be out a while and he was refusing t use public bathrms.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 6:31 PM on Jan. 25, 2009