Are there any mothers who don't have health insurance on their children?

A friend of mine told me her parents have never had insurance on her. I was kind of shocked. Do you know of anyone else who has had this? No bashing and post anon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know a few people with young kids that don't have ins. They just pay full price when the kids go to the Dr.
    Anonymous

• my parents didnt have it for me and we never went to the dr .. but no i dont know anyone now that doesnt
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately there are a ton of us who don't and we have to pay full price. A lot of subcontractors, self employeed, ect dont even have the option of insurance, unless you get it on your own and it is way to expensive.
    Anonymous

• Yes alot of children go without health coverage, some parents just can not afford 500.00 a month for private insurace just to have a 2000.00 deductable per child before insurance will pick up anything. Growing up my parents never had health insurance on me, hell most people that I know...their employers dont even offer health insurance.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We have state insurance for the kids and none for us. I didn't have insurance as a kid and got all my vacs at the health dept. Every kid I know either has no insurance or state insurance.
    Anonymous

• I personally was thinking of dropping our insurance and just paying per visit. We don't use it enough to really spend all the monthly fees. I just worry about being without. We do qualify for state insurance though.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i don't. we can't afford to pay 520 a month for insurance on kids who go to the doctors rarely. we are looking into alternate insurance but i doubt it will happen soon. of course, if they didn't take a third of our check out for taxes to pay for other people's welfare and lachip and stuff like that we could. we're the people you hear about on tv who pay for these programs that they don't qualify for and can't afford anything else. but if the ins through his work were not so bad, we'd have it.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It's the norm in America.
    Sad, yet true.
    You would be amazed at the statistics of uninsured Americans today, including children. Most of them middle income and cannot afford the insurance premiums and do not qualify for free state insurance.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ive been trying to get state insurance for a couple months now, only to be told that ive been denied because i have a car. the lady actually told me i would have to sell my car to get it. WTF?!
    yeah, so no insurance as of now.
    Anonymous