Enfamil Prosobee lipil

I was recommended this formula today. We've tried just about everything else. Why did your babys' dr. put him/her on prosobee? Did it help? Pros / cons: any info is good because I'm just nervous about switching to a soy formula but if it works that would be such a relief for my baby. Thanks

momofpurebliss

Asked by momofpurebliss at 6:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son was on soy formula from about day 3, he was spitting up the milk based too much, and he was so small we wanted to make sure he was getting enough food and holding enough down. I have been lactose intolerant probably my whole life, the doctors would not listen to my mom when i was throwing everything up, and i was always on ,milk based formula, finally at about 1 year old when my mom switched me to milk i got dehydrated and had to be in the hospital for 5 days. The nutritionist tried to get me to switch my son's formula when he was about 2 weeks, but he was doing very well on the soy so i refused. He is now on the prosobee lipil
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• mine were on the posobee because it is easier on the tummies..our had extra iron as well....which did cause a little harder BMs than desired...regular formula is milk based and little tummies jsut cant handle that just yet..
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't know why you'd be nervous about going to a soy formula...but I'm sure you have your reasons.

My son was put on soy because he was constantly constipated. It did help him. He went more often, but it was still pellety. (if that's actually a word lol)

He was on it for about 7 months.

He's on regular milk now.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• we normally do isomil advanced the hot pink soy, our son loves it. he can tell when there has been a switch but what i loved most was it smelled like breast milk. less gas, very rarely spits up. my ped didnt put him on it i did. when we went to his four month check up he noticed a happier baby.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 6:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I do soy right now my daughter has since 4 hours of her life. she wouldnt take anything else i tryed the breast but that didnt work then we tried normal didint work so we are on soy now and it seems to work.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 7:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i was lactose intolerant when i was a baby, and my son was showing signs that he might have been as well, he had lots of tummy aches and kept pulling his legs up and screaming so the doctor recommended prosobee. he has been on it for 3 months now and is doing great on it. bowels are a little hard so i use 1 tsp of karo syrup twice a day in a bottle to help, per doctors orders.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• lets see my first was on the prosobee lipil concentrate she couldn't tolerate the powder, luckily wic paid for it, with my second she was on prosobee, isomil and then nestle goodstart(the only one that worked with her) now she is on the target brand. I was raised on soy, until i was 2, brother as well.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 8:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My son couldn't handle cow milk. His skin would break out and I switched him to pro sobee and it cleared up in 24hrs. Now he is on Silk cuz I'm afraid to put him on regular milk. The doctor gave me a sample so that i could be sure that he would take it before i bought it.
    ayindemommy

Answer by ayindemommy at 9:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't know what the cons could be, other than it's slightly more expensive than regular formula. I put my son on soy formula when he was 1 1/2 month old because regular was causing so much gas and fussiness. This, along with switching to playtex drop-in bottles worked wonders! I refuse to go back to milk-based formula. The only thing is I notice that generic, or store brand soy formula tends to bubble or froth. I prefer to use prosobee lipil over the store brands. Good thing I have wic! It definitely wouldn't hurt to try. It does take a week for you to notice actual improvements though.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009