is "green works" really natural??

homeschool23

Asked by homeschool23 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I assume you mean the Clorox products? I think that is what they are called. There is a name for them: green washing. Meaning they are jumping on the "green" bandwagon to get a piece of the profit. I don't think their products are completely natural. Better than other chemical products but not as good as truly natural products. I don't care what is in their stuff though. They have been polluting the Earth for decades and are continuing to. The best cleaning products: baking soda, vinegar, tea tree oil,pumice stones!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No, not natural. They are indeed jumping on the Green wagon hoping to catch the ride of success. I use water, splash of vinigar, a tad bit of liquid soap, and a few drops of lavender oil in a spray bottle as my all purpose cleaner. Lavender is a natural anti-bacterial and vinigar knocks out fungus. If you add paroxide to your solution you have a bleach. And some baking soda and you have a scrub to do your tub with that whitener. You can also use citris and other oils found at your local health food stores. There should be people who work there who can assist you with what oils are good for cleaning what. Vinigar is my all purpose everything. But the smelll...not so nice. Which is why I cut it with oils as well. A few drops goes a long long way.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009