brest milk

If you don't brestfeed than what are you sapposed to do with the milk?? I know it sounds dumb but I really don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You don't do anything with it.....You breast will just dry up....
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• there isnt much you CAN do about the milk . You'll have to either express it out for relief or wait until it dries up-hope that helps- I know along time ago doctorsz used to give women shots to dry up their milk but they found that shot to be unsafe-so now they don't do anything-unless there is something new now-check with your doctor.-hopefully it wont last too long!
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• To relieve the pain that you will have I have heard to use cold cabbage leaves and ice packs. A warm shower could stimulate let down while you are trying to dry up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Im goin to have my 2nd baby and I didn't know what to do cause with my first i leaked all over the place lol. I thought if you get some of it out you'll produce more. I was just curious because i don't want to feel so dumb about it.
    Anonymous

• They have a pill now that you can take. And cold cabbage leaves and ice packs help to aleviate the pain.
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 7:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Don't express it! It will lead to more milk production. I didn't breastfeed (go ahead, bash away) and I just wore my bra very tight. Keep a nursing pad in place 24/7. Take quick showers and try not to let the water touch your breasts too much *like, turn around in the shower, and use a hand held shower*. It didn't taake long for mine to dry up and it wasn't all that painful.
    Anonymous

• i just wore sports bra's all the time and I just dried up. DON'T STIMULATE YOUR MILK OR YOU WILL PRODUCE MORE.
    MsRosati

Answer by MsRosati at 8:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it dries up after a few days.
    Jayzwife

Answer by Jayzwife at 10:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009