what kind of denomination would be best for someone who is serious about learning more about God?

I need to know things about God

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Go to a Non-denominational church. They are down to earth and they do bible teaching. They welcome anyone no matter how much wrong they have did.
    I'm just saying this because the one's I've been to have been awesome!
    They play contempory christian, and they are so nice. Not zealous nor do they try to bash others or put others down.
    I learned and experienced more than I ever knew I could.
    Anonymous

• I go to a Bible Study Church. It's sister church in the town next to us is call a Fellowship Bible church...same thing...Bible Study.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Broad subject - are you interested particularly in Christian faith? If so, I suggest you start with reading Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis and then go from there. Try different churches and see which one fits for you. Try everything...retain what is good.
    If you're looking beyond Christian faith, then do some reading on the Jewish and Muslim faiths - start with the library or bookstore - they should have some basic books that are introductions to different faith practices and how they relate to God.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009