potty training question..

okay so were getting down to potty training and well he's sitting on the potty and all.. he cries but he'll sit their my question is..

if he has a diaper or pull up he wont go to the potty.. so should i let him run around without them??

i dont know.. boys are so much harder than girls! lol.. my niece wasnt this much trouble..

please help me.. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 7:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My mom used the one day technique on us. We sat in the bathroom with toys, salty and sweet snacks and juice. She let us run around naked and when we started to go she would startle us and then put us on the potty. She said by lunch we were done and then within a week we were overnight trained. I have a few friends who tried this and it worked for them as well. I would give it a shot.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• hmm.. well i'm going to give this one a try i'm tired of pullups and diapers!! uhhg i'm hoping this works!! thank you!

any other suggestions?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i put my daughter's potty in the living room and she use to watch Elmo's Potty Time and that seemed to work. Let them wear their undies too so they know what it feels like to wet their undies. Potty training comes in time.
    MsRosati

Answer by MsRosati at 8:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i put my daughter on the potty as soon as she get up in the mornings and she goes just ask your child if they need to go potty get potty training dvd's to help them potty train and when they see other kids asking to go potty your child will want to go potty
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009