Any tips on decoupaging?

Does anyone have any tips on decoupaging? I have really cute scrapbook paper, an old child's desk, and ModgePodge. Where do I start?

kamsmw

Asked by kamsmw at 7:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Clean the surface, add mod podge, your paper, and then more mod podge, the add a sealer. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would sand the surface a little first. Then glue your pieces. Then spray on a couple coats of acrylic sealer (so you don't smear inks with a brush). When the acrylic sealer dries, brush on several coats of shellac.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 7:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• FlyMom got it so right, I dont have much to add - except to do a test spot with the paper, because some papers will bleed or turn a bit translucent. never hurts to test!
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 2:17 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Have Fun! Follow the Directions on your Bottle.. Move & change things until they are just right & go at it! Good Luck! Have Fun! May it turn out Beautiful ! With years to come of Pure Love for all to see & Enjoy!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 4:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I love decoupaging! i used material and gold foil/wrapping paper.it turned out great!!! i didn't clean my surface first. i just put down the modge podge,put down the fabric/foil/paper and then did a clear cut after 6-8 hours to let it seal first.then let the clear cut dry that long,also.i have done a dresser and chest of drawers and both were so nice! it is fun,and 2 years later,i still LOVE my pieces.they look like artwork,but have function too.Good luck!!!
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 1:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• ah clear coat i meant.trying to watch burn notice and type this.ha ha.
    karrey

Answer by karrey at 1:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009