How can I get mu daughter to sleep in her bed?

My daughter will only sleep in her swing. If she falls asleep and we put her in her bed she wakes up. How do we get her to sleep in her bed. She is 8 weeks.

hawmom

Asked by hawmom at 7:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter slept in her swing all the time. After she would fall asleep i would put her in her crib. There is nothing wrong with it. Whatever works right?
    MsRosati

Answer by MsRosati at 8:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Let her sleep in her swing. It's fine, just put it near your bed. Seriously. I had this problem and he DID grow out of it eventually at 5 months.
    Anonymous

• Start doing a bed time routine and putting her in her bed. I will take a little while for her to adjust. We put ours in her Moses basket and then put her in her crib at 3 weeks and she knew it was a different room. It took her a few days to get used to it. When she out grew her basket it took a few days for her to become comfortable with the crib. Just be patient.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You dont. Let her sleep in the swing. My daughter took most naps in the swing, and slept in there a few nights too... They want the movement when they are that young. There will be time to make the transition, I promise. My daugther was sleeping in her crib at 2 1/2 months. If you really want to start now, establish a routine. Bath, reading, binky. Make sure her room is dark. Babies get distracted easily by light. They dont need it. Good luck. Try the book "Baby Basics" for sleeping tips if you need to, but sounds very normal to be in the swing at this point.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My son did the same. He'd only sleep in his crib at night. The only time he took longer naps was int he swing. He grew out of it by 4 months.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• just put your baby in the crib and rub his back or rub b him bed time baby lotion on him or her and if that dont work just keep on putting him or her in the crib until he gets use to it thats what im doing with my daughter and if that dont work for you just iput him in his crib and let him or her cry until him or her gose to sleep because your gonna want him or her to sleep in his or her own bed other wise your gonna have a problem to where him or her will want to sleep in your bed then it will be harder to get them to sleep in his or her bed also give him or her a binky
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 8:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My first had colic and would only sleep well in his carseat or the swing. I say let her sleep where ever she sleeps best.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009