What would YOU have done differently?

With all the criticism towards Bush going on lately, Id like to know what YOU would have done in his shoes?

Keep in mind, the massive team he has behind him, acting on the most recent intel, and the situations he was handed.

After 9/11? What do you think the right choice was?

Tell me what you would have done differently to lead this country.

K-e-r-i

Asked by K-e-r-i at 7:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That's hard to say, nobody really knows what intelligence he had at the time. I would take anyone off the map if I had the intelligence to prove who bombed us. Take no prisoners.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't want to be President for anything. What responsibility.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 7:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I WISH Bush had been able to do something about illegal immigration, and about getting us drilling for oil in Alaska and along our coasts ... but I imagine that he had to give in to liberals on those issues so they would go along with what he needed for policing terrorism criminals with military forces. A couple of times liberals actually threatened to block $$ for our troops to have protections and supplies, and Bush couldn't risk that - both because a military man KNOWS you don't let down your men, and because if our military has to retreat and is no longer keeping the fight in the countries where these terrorists are based, then the terrorists will have a chance to once more bring the fight into the US ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• well if i was president i would try to fix some things to make things better
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Thank you all for your honest opinions and respectful answers. :o)
    K-e-r-i

Answer by K-e-r-i at 8:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The thing is we don't know what all went on, Bush did everything he could IMO to do exactly what he said he was going to do. He kept us safe and that's the most important thing to me. Bush couldn't do much with Illegal immagration because of congress and the senate
    Anonymous

• I would have pissed my pants. I think Bush did the best he could given the circumstance. Everyone is quick to judge him but considering my reaction on that day I know I wouldn't have been able to react at all.
    Tajcc

Answer by Tajcc at 9:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• 9/11 i spent most of the day frozen in terror. The man has my respect.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I have been watching this question and I find it hysterical that ALL those women on here who shamelessly bashed bush and made nasty, uncalled for "bush" jokes are not answering this question! So few answers from the people who think he did so wrong!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• oh and I don't think he did a hell of a lot wrong till the last few months (stupid bailout). I think he did the best he could with the hand that was dealt him.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009