sinus headache still..

alright ladies i posted about two days ago and i tried some of things you guys suggested but nothings working.. i called my doc and i have an appt on thursday..

but my head is pounding my sinuses are swollen.. uhhg..
i'm tryin the boiled water with salt.. and it cleared it a little i just dont know
what else to try help me..

i wanna be a nice mommy again!!

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Health

• Have you tried Mucinex? Have you tried going into the bathroom, shutting the door and turning on all the hot water.. put your head down by the sink and let the vapors take effect. Also, vicks vapo rub will help, but rub it into your feet tonight and put some socks on. See if that helps.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I my I get them all the time I went to Walmart and got that vicks humidfer I sleep with it on by my bed and I also take some motrin for the headachs try some nose spray too. Your headach (sorry I cant spell tonight) is probally from the dry heat in the house that is were I get my head achs from.
    mona4k

Answer by mona4k at 7:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yup i tried the mucinex and nothing is working! my head feels like its going to exploded..

i tried vicks like night and it helped for a little bit..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Have you got any decogestantys in your home? Try that along with the hot steam in your face and the mucinex-you just might have a nasty sinus infection-after trying all that try also a nasal spray then if it only gives temporary relief-call the doctor-you just may need antibiotics
    Anonymous

• did you take some motrin i take like 800 mil and that works for me
    mona4k

Answer by mona4k at 7:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Mucinex!!!!! I swear by it!!!!
    MsRosati

Answer by MsRosati at 8:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• oh and afrin nasal spray
    MsRosati

Answer by MsRosati at 8:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i agree with anon 7:34--u probably need antibiotics. call an talk to the office nurse, c if u explain the problem if she can move your appt up or if u can keep it but the doc will order the antibiotics early so u can get some reliefr. it sounds as if u really have a real infection that needs immediate rx. or another problem. can u go to the er. esspecially if u have a fever. dont delay. enough is enough. gl
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2009