first.

how long was your labor with your first born? did your water break? how long were you in the hospital for...both before and after delivery? and did anyone wear their own gowns? i know this sounds stupid but the ones at the hospital im going to are hideous...even more so than other hospitals around here. itll make for a yucky lookin pic of me lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 14 hours with an epi that didn't work. Yes my water broke at home. I went in on a Thurs and went home on a Sat. Yes I wore my own clothes!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• 7 hours, yes on it's own, 1.5 days total, and I didn't bring anything to wear. That's why I knew next time to bring my own undies and pads because the one size fits all did not fit me LOL! I did bring my own pj's to the hospital for my second as well, silly I know, but to make for nicer pics!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• can you wear them during labor though? i mean with the epi and all?
    Anonymous

• Well I just brought some shorts and a tank top to wear after (both kids were summer babies!) I would just change after you give birth. It was my hospital's policy no pics/videos during labor because people get in the way.....so don't worry about that, just after they take you to your room you can change. I highly recommend it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i was in labor 15 hrs, they had to break my water for me i was in the hospital for 2 nights and i wore my own clothes, until i got my epi. then i had to wear a gown...
    madelyns_mom08

Answer by madelyns_mom08 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I was in labor more than 30 hours and they broke my water. I didn't have my own cloths other than to wear home this time I am bringing my own. I was in the hospitol 3 days, they let you go home 24 hours after giving birth if everything is ok with you and baby and you are ready.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I was in labor for 17 hours and they broke my water. Trust me girl when you are in labor you won't care what kind of gown you are. I had to stay in for 48 hours since she ended up being a c-section. her head got stuck. now After I had her i changed into my own clothes though.
    MsRosati

Answer by MsRosati at 8:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009