I have a dark "shadow" on my upper lip (it's not hair, just dark skin) ever since I've been preggo and gave birth. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• DONT KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF IT MAYBE GOOGLE IT...BUT ITS CALLED PREGNANCY MASK OR SOMEHTING LIKE THAT....
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Hello!
    I answered this question a little big ago on another question. Basically it is called the mask of pregnacy, but basically it is an over production of melanon, or the stuff that tints your skin. The only way I have found to get rid of it is to just wait it out. I had the mask with both of my pregnancies (still pregnant with # 2) and it took me about a year to see the spots and dark areas fading. I also have hyperpigmentation in my armpits and vaginal area! It is kinda weird but it will most likly go away. Some website's suggest the use of bleaching creams (peroxide based) to lighten the skin but it didn't work for me, time was what it took...I hope this helps!!
    Tenners2

Answer by Tenners2 at 4:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Best to just wait it out. The darkness does start to fade. You can try exfoliating to help get rid of old skin. In the mean time just use makeup to mask your mask when you want.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 8:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Well... I only had a dark belly button and a lina negra, so not sure if that counts. I took a Q-tip and hydrogen peroxide and just scrubbed at it. The dark skin flaked off and went away after a few scrubbings. I don't think it'd hurt to try!
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 1:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2008