If a political figure (man or woman) cheats on his spouse, does that erase all the good that was done or to be done in the future?

Someone brought this up about MLK, and many others are know to have not been faithful (JFK, Clinton..) can you separate a political figure from his/her personal actions at any level? What about those in the religious sectors?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If anyone, man or woman, cheats on their spouse, does that mean that they are not good at their job? Not necessarily...unless they are a marriage counselor! lol But seriously, if a person cheats on their spouse, or even their country as stated earlier, that is going to be between them and God on Judgement Day. If someone in a political position is doing good for the country as a whole, then we should not be concerned with the sin they commit in ther private lives.
    5_girlz

Answer by 5_girlz at 9:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well it kinda shows that he is not loyal and doesn't keep his word! lol soooo...possibly.
    Anonymous

• It make them slimy. I don't look to them as trustworthy anymore.
    Anonymous

• I could care less what one does in his/her own personal life. As long as our country is taken care of or he/she is doing right by his/her cause it is none of my business. It's about being able to separate one's business life from his/her personal life.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 7:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Any man that will cheat on his wife WILL cheat on his country.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Their personal life is none of my business.As long as they are doing their job right.Bill Clinton was on of my favorite presidents and he cheated.
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It shadow's them indefinitely in my mind. They can still be capable and do good, but in the back of my mind I'll think about that. It's part of being a "famous" person, or a person whom others look to...your mistakes are always going to shine brighter than any good thing you do.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Whatever they do in their personal life is their business. Just be good for our country.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 7:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If you can't be good to the woman you married and supposedly love how could you be good to your country?
    Anonymous

• its also widely believed that thomas jefferson cheated often. but i think a president can be good at his job but bad at marriage. sadly, Clinton will be remembered first & foremost as his infidelity, not for his presidency.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009