Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

speech tharapy

Well my son is exactly 2 year old he don't talk yet maybe because i am the only person with him in the home but i want to take him for speech tharapy but i dont have insurance is there any way to get that without insurance

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (3)
  • well we have the medical card. the early intervention from Family Connections can help you fill out the application and everything they are really helpful.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

  • Call Early Intervention. There is no cost to you. They will do a full evaluation...speech, cognitive, gross and fine motor skills.

    If you can't find that number, call your school district's special education department...they can help you!!!

    I have two in speech therapy right now. They're making HUGE progress.

    Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

  • Your pediatrician's office or local hospital should be able to put you in touch with Early Intervention if you can't find the number in your local listings.

    Answer by twinclubmom at 9:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.