not a "nazi" but curious why would someone not at least give breastfeeding a try???

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some women aren't comfortable enough with their own bodies to give it a try.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I just got done breastfeeding my daughter 1 month ago and she will be 2 tom. But I do know that some moms want to and they just cant and lots do try they just arent able. I have also seen my fair share of women that just dont want to be held down by it.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i never tried it because i didn't want to have to pump it and stuff. plus i inhale stuff i shouldnt.
    Anonymous

• shit im a 36 dd and i know they will get bigger after birth and i hate my breast, its always bee nhard to find a bikini and i have never flashed anyone ( my friends are all smaller breasted and have like when younger and on vaca) my breast are so sensitive i dont let my husband play with them or anything but shit i am going to do my best to breastfeed b/c it is best for baby! and for my body i just dont get why people are against it! it baffles me!!!
    melis1029

Answer by melis1029 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• rape, maybe family is not supportive, molestation, breast cancer,other illness, or they dont want
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I agree with post one ,I breastfeed all four of my kids, I had support from my mom plus I wanted to save money not having to buy formula LOL
    mona4k

Answer by mona4k at 7:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Just not for me thats all. I formula fed my son and hes right where he needs to be in size and everything never had any problems. With this one I might give it a try but not too sure.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't understand not at least trying either. I understand some can't, but to decide not to before even giving birth is odd to me.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i wanted to give it a try, but with my living situation ( my boyfriend and i each live with our parents) i dont know how id accomplish it since he gets her on the weekends. also i ahd to go back to work and when my best friend went back to work, she had to spend her entire half hour break in the bathroom pumping. she couldnt really eat or anything. i didnt want that. if the situtation were different, and i was able to be a stay at home mom or at least be able to stay home for the first 6 months then i def. would give it a try. i kinda regret not doing it.
    madelyns_mom08

Answer by madelyns_mom08 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Because that was my decision. And to the first reply, it has nothing to do with being comfortable enough with your body. It is each woman's decision, and some of us choose not to.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009