On my marriage license, it has the wrong date on there. How do I go about getting it corrected? It has been almost a year since the wedding.

Newstepmom2007

Asked by Newstepmom2007 at 1:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Go to the courthouse and ask about getting it changed. You may have to have proof that it was the real date, and not the one printed. Be persistent and find out all you can do. Just go to the people that wrote it up and say, Hi, um...wtf? Lol...
    briyeti

Answer by briyeti at 1:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• The date was filled in either the day before the wedding or my wedding date. Somebody at my church put in the wrong date. So I'm SOL.
    Newstepmom2007

Answer by Newstepmom2007 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I don't know...I looked at my marriage license after we had been married for 1.5 years and saw that they spelled my husbands name wrong...lol, yeah, I know...it's his first name: supposed to be Timothy, but they put Tiimothy. When i showed him he said we werent really married...lol, I told him he couldnt be so lucky! Im no help, sorry
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 7:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Why is it so important? Its just a date, it's not like they spelled your names wrong
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• because if any of our children do genealogy (sp?) on the family tree, the wrong date is recorded at the clerks office.
    Newstepmom2007

Answer by Newstepmom2007 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2008