? about MRSA

3 weeks ago I had 3 infected spots on my body that was diagnosed(sp?) as MRSA. Well now i have another spot. I know i should have it checked, but it is on my butt cheek and it hurts to walk and the only way there is to walk, but my question is. Could it be that my immune system is low? If so how can I boost it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Health

• I have had mrsa multiple times & Dr said take multi vitamins & eat foods high in antioxidants e.g blueberries. Google the the foods for a complete list
    jdscirto

Answer by jdscirto at 7:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• No, some ppl are prone to MRSA infections more than others. You should be on a couple antibiotics. MRSA lives on our skin, it enters the body through cuts and scrapes, if you are getting alot of infections, your dr. can prescribe a drug that will help.
    Anonymous

• Anyone else? How can I boost my immune system?
    Anonymous

• The first reply is right. Has nothing to do with your immune system. Once it gets into your body, you have to fight it with antibiotics. I had it so bad that I ended up getting medicated through an iv. Keep your hands clean, wash often. It's like a hard-to-get-rid-of germ, like when you catch a cold.

Hope you get to feeling better.
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately, it's not your immune system...anyone can get an infection, and this particular infection is highly transmittable..and once it's in your system, it takes a long time to get rid of it, so basically any wound can become infected. You need to get treated, regardless of the locations potential for embarrassment...letting it go would be a huge mistake.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Actually I did google it, and a low immune system cause cause you to be more suceptable(sp?) to it. So can using bath poufs, reusing a towel, sitting on a dirty toilet seat and many other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• that may b true but the point is u need treatment and now. get to the doc and take your meds until they r all gone.. the other ideas for handwashing and good general hygiene can hep. ask your doc what if any supplements u can take along with your meds for treatment of the initial problem that would b the best thing for u to do. dont delay!! gl
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 2:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2009