Weird... very weird.

My husband and I decided when I was pregnant that we only wanted the one child. Our daughter is amazing, and our feelings haven't changed... or so I thought. My husband said the other night when I was playing with our daughter, "Do you want another baby?" I said, "no, why do you?" He said "no". Then yesterday he said to my grandparents "do you think children need siblings?" I was shocked yet again. We have discussed this. He says everytime, very strongly that he doesn't want more children. I love kids, but love my daughter so much I cant imagine having room for anyone else... Anyhow, what do you guys think?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• did he grow up with siblings? he might feel guilty cuz of that, my husband and all his brothers went through that, that they wouldn't have a brother or what not.
    Anonymous

• I think he wants her to have someone to play with but is kind of debating with himself if that would be worth it.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he is having second thoughts you know having another one to love isn't all that bad and you never run out of love
    ScootNPoot

Answer by ScootNPoot at 8:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My husband went through that because we only wanted one...but he grew up with 2 other brothers and 1 sister. Well we ended up getting pregnant one more time and then he got a vasectomy cuz we really didn't want more kids LOL! You need to talk to him, please find out what he thinks and don't read into situation!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• he is probably concerned about your daughter. if she should or shouldn't have a brother or sister. he being a man probably wants a boy to carry on his name. also i had only brothers. i so wish that i had a sister. siblings can enrich our lives and maybe your husband thinks your baby need another sibling. also i would be concerned about the age difference in the babies if you guys decide to have another. your love is not limited to the number of kids you have it goes to the number of kids you have.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would talk with him more about it, sounds like he really might want one more. Believe me you will have so much love for two children- having another just doubles the love you already have. :)
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I always thought it was too much pressure to have only one child. I can't imagine having only one. I always worried they'd be lonely or not have someone to turn to when they don't want to talk with adults or what about when you are older and die? I know some ppl like having only one but it just wasn't something I could understand. I know you will do what's right for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I'm glad I had two. They have each other.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 8:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I planned on just having one, and when she got a couple of years old I got upset thinking about what would happen when we're not longer here... would she be married and that would be enough or does she need a sibling so she'll have some original family. Like you, I had so much love for her that I didn't think I could love another like I do her. As luck would have it, we'd talked about him getting fixed and that same month I got pregnant again and now I cringe knowing I almost didn't have her, they're good for each other and they'll always have each other. But it's always your choice but I am glad that I had mine so they'll have each other. I'm guessing that's what your hubby is thinking, if she's missing out being an only child, will she miss out later etc... talk about it, should be mutual decision
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I feel for you. I have only one child. But one of my brothers has none. Don't worry you are not being selfish. You had a child. Make sure he undertsands and is on the same page as you regarding kids. Otherwise, he will throw that dig at you every time you have a fight.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009