is it possible to be pregnant and have negative blood and hpt

i am offically 2 months late and have taken i dont know how many hpt and a blood test and all came up negative just wondering if this has happened to anyone else

mmwilson

Asked by mmwilson at 4:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is possible but being you are two months late and still not showing a pos I think something else might be going on. I would ask your doctor for an exam and some blood work to see what is going on.
    coolmawmy

Answer by coolmawmy at 4:50 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• It's rare for your BLOOD test to show up negative... maybe you've been stressed out by something lately?? Alot of times it can be stress that makes our periods show up later than normal. Even more exercise than normal can make your periods lighter (in some cases they stop altogether) a woman's body is so complex that there's usually a checklist that you go over before you find out what's wrong.
    pbjmomi

Answer by pbjmomi at 4:52 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I know a lot of women that it does take a while for their BLOOD test to show pos because they ovulate a lot longer than "average". But like the pp said since you are 2 months late, it should be showing pos by now. There are a lot of things that play a roll as to why you could be late. Stress, new medication, new diet, etc. I agree with going to get checked out to see what is going on.
    Anonymous

• well im late too my test says neg i got to get the blood test 2marrow
    Anonymous

• You may need to be checked out my sister thought that she was pregnant because she was 5 weeks lake but didn't have a positive test. She was checked and came back positive for thyroid problems that was causing her period to delay. some time she will go 4 months with out having a period and sometimes she will bleed for a whole 2 wks when she does have one. she is trying to get preg now and is having such a hard time
    littlered79

Answer by littlered79 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• it almost definately something else....the blood tests are REALLY accurate, especially at 2 months...i mean, anything is possible, but i would have all my female parts checked thuroughly if i were you....i dont mean to scare you, but if you are pregnant then there is likely something seriously wrong with your hormone levels and it probably puts the baby at risk
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 9:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008