• In the Spotlight:

Let's thank President Bush

I'll be upfront and clear, I didn't vote for Bush either time, I did vote for Obama and this is a very happy day for me, I am beyond hopeful, but I would like to take a minute to thank President Bush for his service to our country. He may have made mistakes and decisions I don't agree with, but he did serve this country for 8 years and I have to assume he did the best he could. He was dealt a pretty crappy hand. The majority of the country voted him in at the time, and I respect that. Thank you President Bush. Anyone else?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 8:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OP, I am touched by your reaching out and your patriotism, your kindness is noble and honorable! SO rare towards President Bush! I am a Bush supporter, I voted him in both times, I don't agree with everything he did, but largely, he kept us safe and protected against another 9/11. Husseins capture was awesome and saved many lives from his murderous genecide! Thank you Bush for your tax cuts and for all the great things you did, mostly, for not ruling by popular opinion polls! Thank you Bush for your patriotism, your wisdom and your love of God and country, for your convictions and unabashed convictions! Thank you President Bush!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 9:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yeah, thanks
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i agree....! thanks. (although i did vote for him)
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• about time i thank him and you for finally being someone that posted a none bashers post about him
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I already did in another thread :-) Thanks for doing this :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• LOL, Mrs. Owen, supporting Obama does not equal bashing Bush, I have not bashed him at all. Sure is lonely on the high road.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• no i know it deosnt mean that i didnt vote for obama and not like super happy but he is the president and i do support him it was just getting old seeing all the bull about bush ya know ... im my opinion he did do his best and i voted for him
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well, to be fair, I didn't bash Bush one time so I do take offense to that statement. I saw him today and felt bad for him, he's a man who did the best he could, I'm glad he has a good woman by his side.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i didnt mean for it to sound liek i was saying you bashed him i was trying to say thanks for not bashing him lol sorry if there was confusion or maybe im confused lol sorry either way lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• He did the best with what he had, I suppose. I was too young to vote in his elections. Needless to say, he took us on one hell of a ride.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009